High Level Conference on the Future of Medicines
Closing: 01.12.2020, 17:00
The Corona-Pandemia brought unexpected challenges to the European health care systems. It changed everybody`s life and has important implications on the agenda of the German EU Council Presidency in the second part of 2020.
With a strong involvement of the Heads of European Medicines Agencies, the conference will discuss the major challenges for a sustainable supply of both prescription and non-prescription medicines as well as other consumer health products. Special attention will be paid to issues such as medicines‘ shortages, real world data but also to the switch of medicines from prescription to non-prescription status (so-called OTC switch). The overarching theme in all areas is digitization in health care.
Participating as speakers and/or discussants, among others:
- Margaritis Schinas, Vice-President of the European Commission
- Prof Dr Klaus Cichutek, President, Paul-Ehrlich Institute (PEI), Germany
- Prof Josef Hecken, Chair, Federal Joint Committee, Germany
- Prof Dr Karl Broich, President, Federal Institute for Medicines and Medical Devices (BfArM), Germany
- Thomas Müller, Director General, German Health Ministry (BMG)
- Stefanie Stoff-Ahnis, Member of the Board, National Association of Statutory Health lnsurance Funds
- Emer Cooke, Executive Director, European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- Dr Andrzej Rys, Director for health systems, medical products and innovation, European Commission
- Birgit Schuhbauer, President, Association of the European Selfmedication lndustry (AESGP)
- Dr Peter Liese, Member of the European Parliament
On the bottom of this page, you will find the